It’s no secret that this great state of ours is known to have some crazy storms. Sometimes mother nature likes to throw a wrench into the mix and hit us with a real doozy. If you’ve lived here for any amount of time there is a good chance you have experienced a few of these. Check out Bedrock Contracting’s 5 worst Texas storms of all time.
The worst of the worst
- Great Galveston Hurricane- Some time ago the City of Galveston use to be the economic powerhouse of Texas. That is until the Great Galveston Hurricane essential wiped out the city in 1900. Leaving this once glittering gem of Texas in ruins. The city has never fully recovered some 116 years later.
- 1995 Mayfest Hailstorm- It was supposed to be a day just like any other until disaster struck. Right in the middle of Fort Worth’s annual Mayfest festival the weather decided to take a turn for the worst. Raining down hail the size of softballs killing 13 people, injuring at least 100, and causing some $2 Billion in damage.
- Downtown Terror- Most North Texas residents probably remember this tornado vividly. On March 28, 2000, an F3 tornado tore right through the heart of Cowtown causing at least $500 million in damage and devastating the infamous Bank One tower.
- Terrible Tuesday- On April 10, 1979, one of the most powerful storms to ever hit the state of Texas pummeled the city of Wichita Falls when an F4 tornado caused mayhem throughout the entire city. With a total of 42 deaths and an estimated $500 million dollars of damage, this is one of the worst storms to ever hit the North Texas area.
- A Night to Remember- Here in the Metroplex we get horrible weather all the time. The most recent to make the list is the frightening hailstorm that ripped through the Metroplex on the night of March 23, 2016. This storm beat the DFW area with hail all night and morning racking up damages in the amount of $700 million.
You never know when disaster is going to strike your home or family. So doesn’t it make sense to have a company on your side that you can rely on when you call them? When you’re looking for storm damage repair in North Texas call the experienced professionals of Bedrock Contracting today at 817-219-6000.
It seems to come like clockwork every spring. One day it’s nice and sunny outside and the next thing you know it feels like you’re sitting in the middle of a hurricane wondering what kind of havoc the storm is wreaking outside. Well, the fine folks down at Bedrock Contracting have compiled a little list to help you make it through the spring storms a little more unscathed. Check out our 5 tips to prepare for April Showers:
- Button down the hatches- There is a little saying around here if you don’t like the weather just wait five minutes. An intense thunderstorm can roll through at any moment. Which is why it’s so important to secure any type of patio furniture or outdoor items that could take off with the high winds.
- Trim the trees- Making sure the trees are trimmed is crucial to protecting your home and your property. Fallen trees or tree limbs are the number one preventable causes of property damage here in the United States. Don’t risk the safety of your home or your valuables.
- Clean those gutters- The gutters on your home are designed to direct the water off your roof into a safe place. When that crazy weather hits it’s important to have a place for the water to go. The overflow of gutters can cause everything from your siding to rot, to shifts in your foundation. Avoid costly repairs when summer comes around, and take care of it right the first time.
- Check your roof- No one wants to wake up in the middle of the night to what sounds like Niagara Falls running through their house. This is why it’s crucial to get your roof inspected at least once a year before the severe weather hits. After all, it’s easier to fix a small problem than a problem that’ll cost thousands of dollars worth of water damage later on.
Preparation is the key to any big storm, but sometimes the damage can’t be avoided. If you find yourself having to deal with hail or wind damage this spring, there’s no need to worry. Give the experienced roofing specialist at Bedrock Contracting a call today at (817)-219-6000.
We have several gutter options including aluminum, copper, and steel, and we also offer gutter protection to help you avoid gutter buildup. When it comes to siding, a variety of options are available. We can install or repair vinyl, aluminum, steel, fiber cement, cultured stone, or brick veneer siding. Windows are often overlooked by insurance adjusters, so we will thoroughly examine your windows to ensure they don’t have any unnoticed storm damage. We specialize in wood and iron fencing, and will do whatever we can to provide you with the best fencing installation or repair. If you have had any paint damage due to a recent storm, we can take care of that for you quickly and easily.
You can read more by heading on over to our roofing articles section.